Settlement of Death case claims within 7 days by EPFO
EPFO issued circular vide No.CSD/AG/2017/8352 27th September 2018 regarding Settlement of Death case claims within 7 days and details as follows.
This is bring to your notice on circular no. CSD-I/CPGRAMS/Progati e-Samiksha/2016/12866 dated 31.10.2016 wherein given direction that all death case claims submitted by spouse/nominee/legal heir of EPF member he invariably settled within a period of 7 days from date of submission of claim form in concerned field office where the deceased members accounts are being maintained,
In case of pension claims, where PPO is to be issued from offices other than where the account of deceased member is being maintained, the total period taken for settlement of such claims should also not exceed 7 days_ It will be joint responsibility of OlCs of both the concerned offices to issue PPO within 7 days.
3. Further. it has been recently observe that there is delay, in settlement of claims in death cases winch has to be settled within 7 days. CPFC has expressed annoyance in death case which has not settled within 2 years.
4. Therefore, RPFCs/OIC are again directed to regularly monitor the death cases in your office on day to day basis and ensure that death claim should not remain pending beyond 7 days.
To download detail notification click below
Settlement-of-Death-Claims.pdf (27 downloads)
EPFO – Generation of UAN without Aadhaar for residents of Assam, Meghalaya & Nagaland
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation issued circular vide No. NDC/10(5)/2017/3Z-1 1 dated 29-08-2018 regarding Generation of UAN without using Aadhaar for residents of Assam, Meghalaya & Nagaland and details as follows.
Aadhaar is required for the generation of UAN in respect of every employee who joins an establishment registered with EPFO. However, the penetration of Aadhaar is very low in Assam, Meghalaya & Nagaland. Many requests were received from employers for allowing generation of UAN without using Aadhaar number to help employees of the North-east and especially those belonging to the above mentioned three states.
Hence, a provision has been made available in the Unified Portal in the Establishment login for generation of UAN without Aadhaar for employees resident in any of the three states mentioned above. It is being allowed initially for a period of 3 months from 24/08/2018 to 23/11/2018.
The Process flow is as follows:
Go to www.eptinditt.gov.in >> ECR/Return/Payment >> Establishment Sign In >> Member >> REGISTER-INDIVIDUAL.
Employer must ensure that the check box after the remark, “Member is from Assam, Meghalaya & Nagaland” is ticked.
To download detailed notification click below
Generation-of-UAN-without-Aadhaar.pdf (36 downloads)
EPFO Admin charges : Employees’ Provident Fund fixes the administrative charges payable by the employer with effect from 1st June, 2018 at 0.50 per cent
Ministry of Labour and Employment issued Notification in New Delhi, the 21st May, 2018 regarding PF admin charges form 0.65% to 0.50% with effect from 1st June 2018 and details as follows.
S.O. 2011(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the Explanation to paragraph 30 read with paragraph 39 of the Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme, 1952, and in supersession of the notification of the Government of India in the Ministry of Labour and Employment published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, section 3, sub-section (ii) vide number S.O. 827(E), dated the 15th March, 2017, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Government, after consulting the Central Board and having regard to the resources of the Employees’ Provident Fund available for meeting its normal administrative expenses, hereby fixes the administrative charges payable by the employer for the purposes of paragraph 30 and sub-paragraph (1) of paragraph 38 of the said Scheme with effect from 1st June, 2018 at 0.50 per cent (zero point five zero per cent.) of the pay as referred to in the said paragraphs subject to a minimum sum of seventy-five rupees per month for every non-functional establishment having no contributory member and five hundred rupees per month per establishment for other establishments.
2. For the removal of doubts, it is hereby notified that nothing contained in this notification shall affect the administrative charges payable in respect of the period up to and inclusive of the 31st May, 2018 in respect of which the notification referred to in paragraph 1 herein shall continue to apply as if the same had not been superseded.
To download detailed notification click below
EPFO-fixes-the-administrative-charges-payable-by-the-employer-with-effect-from-1st-June-2018-at-0.50-per-cent.pdf (56 downloads)
Source: Gazette of India
PF not remitted for Safai Karamcharis employed on Contract basis – Representations / Complaints on Safai Karamcharis
EPFO issued circular vide No. C-I/1(133)2018/NCSK/2364 dated 02.05.2018 regarding Representations / Complaints on Safai Karamcharis and details as follows.
1.Please find enclosed herewith a copy of D.0 No.11059/12/2017-R&D (Pt.II)/1309 dated 16.04.2018, received from Secretary to the Government of India, National Commission for Safai Karamcharis, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
2. Accordingly, it is reiterated that wherever any representation / Complaint is received from Safai Karamcharis the same may be promptly looked into and acted upon immediately.
3. Further, as many of the Safai Karamcharis may be working with municipalities directly or through contractors, periodical review of compliance by municipalities may be done by the OIC by comparing data of compliance particularly the wage analysis report. Regular meetings with officers of respective municipalities may be held to ensure that all contracts awarded are uploaded by the municipalities in the facility for interlinking of principal employers with respective contractor employers for effective compliance.
To download detail notification click below
EPFO says measures in place to ensure that no data leakage takes place
EPFO has taken advance action by closing the server and host service through Common Service Centres pending vulnerability checks as part of the data security and protection. EPFO has been taking all necessary precautions and measures to ensure that no data leakage takes place.
With regard to the news item being circulated in the social media platform that there has been vulnerabilities in the EPFO data, based on which a letter has been written to the Chief Executive Officer, Common Service Centre (CSC) to plug such vulnerabilities.
In this regard, it is informed that warnings regarding vulnerabilities in data or software is a routine administrative process based on which the services which were rendered through Common Service Centres have been discontinued w.e.f. 22nd March 2018. The news is relating to the services through common service centres and not about EPFO Software or data centre. No confirmed data leakage has been established or observed so far.
As such, there is nothing to be concerned about the news item. EPFO is continuously monitoring and will continue to be vigilant about it in future.
Banks to facilitate submission of Jeevan Pramaan Certificate – Submission of Jeevan Pramaan Certificate/Non re-marriage certificate by pension disbursing Banks
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation issued circular vide No: Pension-l/17(10)/2016-17 /Jeevan Pramaan/787 dated:23.04.2018 regarding Submission of Jeevan Pramaan Certificate/Non re-marriage certificate by pension disbursing Banks and details as follows.
Kind attention is invited to this office letter No.Pension.14/BkgArg/Ser.Chg/Disb.Ag/2005/17046 dated 16.07.2015 and the letter No.Pension.1/17( I 0)/2016-17 /Jeevan Pramaan/12877 dated 09.11.2017 and letter no. Pension-l/17(10)/2016-17/Jeevan Pramaan/913 dated 09.04.2018 and letter no. Pension-l/17(10)/2016-17/Jeevan Pramaan/861 dated 09.04.2018 issued to banks with reference to submission of Jeevan Pramaan of pensioners.
In this context, it is requested to forward separate lists of pension paying bank branches which have facilities of;
- Submission of Jeevan Pramaan
- Aadhaar enrolment
- Submission of both Jeevan Pramaan and Aadhaar enrolment.
- Those branches which do not have any of these facilities.
Further, it is requested to take up the matter with those banks and to arrange to have facilities for submission of Jeevan Pramaan as there exists an agreement with the Banks for submission of life certificate/Non re-marriage certificate.
The above report should be submitted bank wise after physical verification of these facilities in the concerned branches under your jurisdiction by 01st May, 2018.
Pension Transaction of Death and Pending of 10 – D Claims Rectification – Initial Arrears, Updating Of Date Of Death And Pending Of 10 – D Claims
EPFO issued circular vide No.NDC/14(1)2017 /Pension/ 2-956 dated 20.04.2018 regarding Rectification Of Pension Transaction Inconsistencies With Respect To Initial Arrears, Updating Of Date Of Death And Pending Of 10 – D Claims.
Since the implementation of new Application Software, there were some bugs in the Pension Module. Most of these bugs were due to the wrong and incomplete data migration from the legacy system, others were generated due to following wrong procedure during pension claim processing and the rest owes to the lacking of system validation at input and processing level.
As an initial step, four major issues are being handled in the new function,” Rectify inconsistent PPOs” namely,
- a) Non-updating of pension claim status even after successful disbursement of initial arrears and pension.
- b) Disappearing of initial arrear processing task of a PPO from Dealing Assistant role thereby keeping the PPO in a locked stage and blocking its further processing.
- c) Throwing a message “Process Failed” while attempting initial arrear processing by the Dealing Assistant.
- d) Disappearing of the task of “Updation of date of death” at Dealing Assistant level again keeping the PPO in a locked stage and blocking its further processing.
The new function is added in “DA PDS” Role, under the menu : Pension ->Transaction -> Rectify Inconsistent PPOs which will give four drop down options against the label “Select your option” like the following:
- a) “Rectify pending PPOs”.
- b) “Rectify inconsistent Initial Arrears”.
- c) “Rectify inconsistent Initial Arrears-Process Failed”.
- d) “Rectify inconsistent Updation of date of death”.
It may be recalled that while processing for BRS, users get a message that “There are some locked PPOs” along with a list of locked PPOs with the reason for locking. This list will help the Dealing Assistant to identify PPOs and their reason for locking with which they need to operate this new function mentioned above except option (a). The option (a) shall be operated when it is noticed that the pending list of claims contains some 10-D claims even though claim form 10-D has been settled and BRS processed. After ensuring that all the locked PPOs were verified against all the available options in the module “Rectify inconsistent PPOs” then “DA PDS” can move ahead for the processing of BRS.
In case, after operating and verifying all the functions like amendment of PPO, Updation of LC, Updation of date of death and Initial arrear processing etc. at all levels including DA, SS and APFC, and after checking with the new function “Rectify Inconsistent PPOs”, any case of PPO/PPOs is/are appearing in the list of “locked PPOs”, DA PDS has been given a new option to run BRS by skipping the locked PPO/PPOs . This will help the office to run BRS and disburse pension in time despite some cases withheld due to some reasons other than mentioned in the four categories above. Such cases can be handled separately by analyzing the cases and with the help of technical team at ANOC/NDC.
It is once again reiterated that it is to be ensured that all the locked PPOs must be verified one by one thoroughly through the function “Rectify inconsistent PPOs” before running BRS using the new option of ignoring locked PPOs.
This functionality is incorporated with the WAR Version : 6.2.1 dated 20 .04.2018 .
EPFO Seminar on International Workers on 06th July, 2018 – Seminar on International Workers for Representatives of Establishments covered under EPF
EPFO issued circular vide No. 13/10/2018-2019/PONASS/230 dated:18 April 2018 regarding Seminar on International Workers for Representatives of Establishments covered under EPF & MP Act 1952 to be held on 06th July, 2018- Inviting Nominations and details as follows.
We are pleased to inform that Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya National Academy of Social Security is conducting a “Seminar on International Workers” for Representatives of Establishments on 06th July 2018 at its premises. During the Seminar following issues will be discussed:
- Coverage of International Workers.
- Employer’s responsibilities in respect of International Workers.
- Certificate of Coverage.
- Detachment and related procedures.
- Bilateral agreements.
- Issues and challenges in implementation of the legal provisions in respect of International
- The above seminar is for the senior/Middle Level Management of all establishments covered under EPF & MP Act, 1952 and having International Workers in their establishments. It is requested to sponsor suitable level officers of your establishment for the above Seminar. The participation fee for residential participants is Rs. 3,000/- (Rupees Three thousand only) per participant including both boarding and lodging and Rs. 2,000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only) per participant for Non- Residential participants. Fee once deposited shall not be refunded after acceptance of nominations by the Academy. However, 90°/o fee is refundable in case of only those nominations which are not accepted by the Academy due to any reason. There are only limited seats available for the nominations. Hence, the nominations shall be accepted on “First come First Serve” basis. Nominations will be confirmed only a~er confirmation of receipt of fee at PDNASS. The stay arrangements will be made available for nominated person(s) in the Hostel/Campus of the Academy from the evening of previous day i.e. 05.07.2018 and upto the next day (upto 12 Noon) after the end of the programme i.e. 07.07.2018.
- The nominations dully filled in the specific format ( endosed) should reach at PDNASS latest by 08th June 2018 by 5 PM either through Fax on 011-28524078 or 28525987 or through e-mail at: email@example.com to enable us to make necessary arrangements for the participants. The Nomination Form may also be downloaded from EPFO Website with URL – www.epfindia.gov.in at Office Orders/Circulars.
- The nomination(s) along with the participation fee by way of demand draft in favour of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya National Academy of Social Security payable at New Delhi or by deposit directly with intimation to this Academy in PDNASS Account in State Bank of India may please be sent by 08th June 2018.
Current A/C No. 35040297233 at SBI, CCRAS, Janak Puri, New Delhi
Branch Code No. 10651 IFSC No. SB1N0010651
For further darification/query, you may please contact to the undersigned at Phone
No.011-28525993 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(This issues with the approval of the Director, PDNASS)
Revised Instruction for settlement of EPFO amount above Rs.10 lacs – Submission of claims through online mode in case of settlement amount is above Rs.10.00 lacs
EPFO issued circular No. WSU/17(4)2015/F/part1/1276 dated 13.04.2018 regarding Submission of claims through online mode in case of settlement amount is above Rs.10.00 lacs – Revised instructions and details as follows.
With Reference to the Circular No. WSU/17(1)2017/Frauds/20514 dated 27.02.2018 (at SI. No. 677 of Office orders/Circulars’ for 2017-18).
1.It is intimated that instructions issued on the captioned circular have been revisited in a meeting chaired by CPFC, in view of the problems faced by members/claimants (including International Workers) in fi ling online claims.
2. Considering the grievances raised by members, this stipulation will be kept in abeyance so that offline claims will also be accepted in all cases.
3. However, in view of the need to step up security, claims received online from claimants will be sent online to employers for further verification, only after which the claim will be sett!ed. The employer should return the claim within 3 days to the EPFO office either accepting or rejecting the claim.
Submission of Aadhaar as identity document by pensioners and Members of EPS, 1995
The EPFO vide circular No: pension-1/17(10)2016-17/Jeevan Pramaan/27583 dated 06/03/2018 issued guidelines regarding Submission of Aadhaar as identity document by pensioners and Members of EPS, 1995 in the state of Assam. The circular read that
Attention is drawn to this office circular no. pen-1/17(10)2016-17/Jeevan Pramaan/2609 dated 04.05.2017, Circular no. pen-1/17(10)2016-17/Jeevan Pramaan/4792 dated 05.06.2017 and pen-1/17(10)2016-17/Jeevan Pramaan/13312 dated 20.09.2017 on the cited subject.
As difficulties are still being faced in submission of Aadhaar as identity document by the pensioners and members of EPS, 1995 in the state of Assam, the issue is again re-examined and it has been decided that Aadhaar may not be insisted from new members who join EPS 1995 till 31.03.2018 in Assam.
Similarly Aadhaar may also not be insisted for composite pension claim form for members working in establishment located in the state of Assam till 31.03.2018
This issues with the approval of CPPC